can u put the link on here please??
It is the newspaper today...Kingsport Times
"One must strive for perfection to achieve excellence." Don Shula
can u put the link on here please??
Southwest Virginia's dominant Group A boys basketball team continues to be honored.
Gate City's Scott Vermillion and his staff were named the Region D Coach and Staff of the Year on Tuesday. Vermillion led the Blue Devils to the Region D crown and a runner-up finish in last Saturday's VHSL Group A, Division 2 state championship game.
Region D Co-Players of the Year were Gate City's Jamie Hackney and Castlewood's Patrick Fisher.
Joining Hackney and Fisher on the All-Region D first team were Gate City's Tihlee Anderson, Twin Valley's Josh Smith and Coeburn's Andrew Adkins.
The second team was comprised of Chris Smith of Castlewood, Hunter Simpson of Twin Valley, Gary Stafford of Lee High, Pat Begley of J.I. Burton, Evan Vanover of Clintwood and Devon Matthews of Twin Springs.
Rye Cove's late-season success was rewarded with postseason honors. The Lady Eagles' Jamie Carter and his staff were named Region D Coach and Staff of the Year on Tuesday.
Rye Cove finished second in the Region D tournament and advanced to the VHSL Group A, Division 1 state quarterfinals.
Honaker's Rachel Artrip was named the Region D Girls Player of the Year.
Joining Artrip on the Region D first team were Twin Valley's Katie Jo Lester, Clintwood's Kristin Mullins, Virginia High's Hannah Shankel, Lee High's Chelsea Cluesman and Honaker's Paige Tiller.
Second-team selections were Lorren Evans of Castlewood, Kalen Collins of J.J. Kelly, Kelly Rasnick of Ervinton, Shelli Mc-David of Rye Cove and Ra'Shelle Miller of J.I. Burton.
I felt like anderson didn't get as much recognition as he should this year, Hackney is a great player, but Anderson put up better numbers if I'm not mistaken. Either way i thought that Patrick Fisher was going to be the lone holder of the Player of the Year. I am proud of Hackney though.
Tihlee is the better player, but Hackney is a region favorite.
Fisher was very deserving of co-player imo.
[URL="http://cvcgrad.spaces.live.com/blog/"][/URL]
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cvcgrad</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Fisher was very deserving of co-player imo.</div></div>
Co-sign. Had Fisher not hurt his knee last year, it's entirely possible that his game would have been much better this year and he could have been solo in that accolade of POTY.
[U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/miami-med.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/nohokie-med.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]
[U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/Funny/owmyballs.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]
I think one factor that influenced the decision of hackney over anderson was Hackney is obviously the leader of the team. Hackney also has an insane fan base for a high school athlete.
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: trick daddy</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Hackney also has an insane fan base for a high school athlete. </div></div>
That doesn't have an impact on coaches in selecting him as POY.
you are right...coaches don't think about how big of a fan club the kid has...
"To be the man, you've got to beat the man."
[quote=trick daddy]I felt like anderson didn't get as much recognition as he should this year, Hackney is a great player, but Anderson put up better numbers if I'm not mistaken. Either way i thought that Patrick Fisher was going to be the lone holder of the Player of the Year. I am proud of Hackney though. [/quot
Bookmarks